2 Time World Champion/Malinois Breeder/FCI Working Judge
The average dog owner is not aware but, yes the best of Dog Trainers do compare each others skills and abilities, through variety of dog sports! Winning a first place at a local dog show does not say much about the abilities of a Professional Dog Trainer. Winning a national championship is whole different story, but to become the best in the world, one must win a world championship. I have done it twice back to back with a dog that I bred, raised and trained. An accomplishment no other dog trainer has ever achieved. Competing against the best 120 dog trainers in the World and winning is a statement for sure! While such win doesn’t bring any money, it brings the recognition and envy among other trainers. The problem is – for the last 20 years there are only 20 world champions. What are the chances that one lives near you? What are the chances they would offer dog training right here in Tampa Bay to anyone who owns a dog?
The Best in The WorldHello My name is Ivan Balabanov , I am extremely fortunate to lead an extraordinary life surrounded by Dogs I am the creator of the revolutionary dog training system Clear Communication-Learning without Conflict.. I have been testing my method of training dogs against the best in the world for over 20 years, competing in the most demanding dog sports in the world winning 12 national and 2 World Championships. I am world renowned dog trainer and teacher with 30 years of experience in the competitive dog sports. I teach extensively to a very diverse group of trainers:
- National and World competitors
- USPCA (United States Police Canine Association) certification and workshops
- ATF Special Canine Units Task Force
- SAR (search and rescue groups) in US and abroad
- Service dog agencies (guide dogs, hearing dogs, etc.)
- Certified Professional Dog Trainers
Just a few of Ivan’s accomplishments
- FCI IPO 3 World Champion
- FMBB IPO 3 World Champion
- Seven times AWDF IPO 3 National Champion.
- Seven times AWMA IPO 3 National Champion.
- USCA IPO3 National Champion
- Award winning author of the book Advanced Schutzhund and DVD series Obedience without Conflict.
- Founder and president fo the first 6 years of the American Working Malinois Association (AWMA)
- FCI ( International) working sports judge
- Has appeared on Animal Planet, Fear Factor, and pretty much all dog sport magazines around the world.
- Lectures at the annual United States Police K9 Association Events and is a trainer for ATF special task force K9 units.
- Has thought seminars to different army canine facilities including the Swiss Army
- Instructs and lectures some of the top Search and Rescue organizations in the US as well as Switzerland.
- Worked as a Guide Dog instructor for 5 years in California where he trained more than 300 dogs and students.
- Worked as animal behaviorist at the San Francisco SPCA (a “no kill” facility) and was responsible for the successful evaluation and rehabilitation of some of the most difficult cases.
- Founder of the SF/SPCA Dog Trainers Academy. He also went on to write and teach the training curriculum.